Regular servicing prolongs the life of mechanical components, helps to maintain roadworthiness and contributes to greater reliability, economy and resale value.
Without regular servicing you increase the potential of breakdowns and expensive repairs. Refer to your owner's manual for maintenance information specific to your car. You should service your new car as often as is outlined in your owner's manual.
For older cars, you need to have at least an oil and filter change every six months or 10,000km, whichever comes first. All cars have different service requirements but a service should at least contain:
- an engine oil change,
- an engine oil filter replacement,
- a safety check.
A safety check would include operation of lights, condition of tyres and exhaust and operation of brakes and steering. It's a good idea to wash your car often, polish it at least twice a year and vacuum it as required.
Avoid parking under trees (especially ones with birds) or in industrial areas, which may contain heavy fallout. To avoid paint damage, foreign matter such as bird droppings should be cleaned off immediately.
Take a look at the Range of Servies that Martin Motors Offers
- Major Service To keep your car in good working order we recommend this service.
- Minor Service An excellent service incorporating the basics of a car service.
- Brakes Service Summary of what problems you may experience with your car.
- Vehicle Inspection We are a WHICH recommended Service Centre, offering new car warranty log book servicing.
- MOT We are here to help you make sure that your vehicle is fully prepared for its MOT.